Location: Motion Matters Exercise and Rehab Centre, 164 Laurier Ave. W.
Yoga is a mind and body practice that helps with everything from improving breathing to better posture, balance, stability and flexibility. Yoga practice aids in relaxation, stress and pain management.
Our PhysiYoga sessions are offered as both individual sessions and a Hatha flow group classes suitable for all levels. Sessions are taught by Vanessa Moar, a registered physiotherapist with over 15 years of clinical experience. Having practiced yoga for nearly 20 years, she will be able to tailor your yoga exercises as she has worked in a variety of settings: orthopaedics, sports injuries, senior care, and chronic pain management.
Why should you choose PhysiYoga, and not a regular yoga class?
- Injury Prevention – Sessions are led by a registered physiotherapist with extensive knowledge of the human body to prevent injuries.
- Individualization – Your PhysiYoga instructor knows which areas you need to focus on and what to avoid and will modify poses during classes and individual sessions accordingly.
- Safety – Your instructor ensures your proper body mechanics and helps you avoid key poses that have a higher risk of injury.
- Small classes – Small class sizes mean more one on one attention than you would typically get in a regular class.
- Daily Benefits – Sessions have a strong focus on posture and alignment with advice on how to practice these habits in your daily life to help get the maximum benefit.