Location: Motion Matters Exercise and Rehab Centre, 164 Laurier Ave. W.
Ladies over 65? Do not sit, join our RETROFIT CLUB!
What is the RETROFIT CLUB?
This one hour class is specially designed for women 65 and over to increase general strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and confidence. Students are supervised by an experienced therapist and certified personal trainer as well as an assistant. Each class has a maximum number of 8 participants making it the ideal situation for one-on-one attention for optimal supervision and safety. The sessions will make you use different equipment to challenge each person at their own level of fitness and confidence.
Joëlle Segers has been a Registered Physiotherapist since 1981. She has also completed her Pilates certification as well as a personal training certification.
Joëlle has been teaching dance injury prevention programs for dancers and the general population as well as conditioning classes for the last two decades. She has co-owned Motion Matters Physiotherapy Clinic since 1999.
10 REASONS TO EXERCISE AFTER 65
- To increase bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- To improve self-efficiency and maintain independence.
- To maintain balance and improve reflexes to decrease falls.
- To increase general metabolism.
- To create a sense of community.
- To increase pulmonary function.
- To boost mood.
- To help prevent and regulate diabetes.
- To improve flexibility, range of motion and functional movement.
- To improve cardiovascular strength.
4 MYTHS ABOUT OLDER ADULT EXERCISE
- Older adults can’t make significant muscle gains
- Many existing health problems prevent you from exercising
- You are too old and in too much pain
- You are afraid to hurt or fall